World Flying Community Off-Topic Discussion (Part 19)

That’s why I’m hesitant to fly on one. Get all the way there, wait all that time to get to the trip, just to not see anything. Not like I’d be flying on any route that’d have a 787 any time soon.

2 Likes

My mini truck compared to my boss’s F250.

I’m probably one of the least intimidating vehicles on the road out here.

1 Like

BERMUDAIR MENTIONED :speaking_head::speaking_head::speaking_head::speaking_head::speaking_head::bermuda::bermuda::bermuda::bermuda::bermuda::bermuda::bermuda::bermuda::bermuda::bermuda:

Which one? FedEx?

Where I live seeing both isn’t too uncommon, although the one on the left can barely pass trough the streets lmao.

Hold up, they sell the F250 on Bonaire?

What do you think they sell here? (Genuinely curious)

The F-250s and F-350s, or whatever that horribly gigantic one with a tank engine is called, are probably imported by a person themselves. But F-150s are sold here, and there are quite a lot driving around.

Hilux or Ranger being the main ones (because their popular world wide) and then like the Isuzu D-Max or Mitsubishi Triton. Maybe someone importing Keis.

I guess I’m not surprised that you can get a full size Ford, but it just seems too big for being on a Caribbean island. And having driven a ton of new F150s because of my job, I’ll say that they are not maneuverable. The Super Dutys are better at tight turns the the F150.

oh nah the 707 with the large nose

not sure what it’s called

Been a while since I checked this place lol

1 Like

2 Likes

I don’t think it landed here. CUR maybe?

The hilux is very popular here yeah.

The reason people here have an F-1/2/350 is for boats I assume. But people here also use them because they think they’re cool I guess.

And yes, this place is not a great place to drive around, especially in the “city”, some roadsdon’t even have sidewalks, and some have those stabby bushes near the side, so you either get run over by a car or get 500 thorns in your body.

Some places here aren’t even wide enough for 2 cars, it’s basically a 1,5 lane road lol.

And I’m not sure what you mean with kei cars, if you mean tiny cars then yeah, we have those, like those 90s Suzuki Carry mini buses for example. They’re usually used for construction related stuff.

Very tiny lol.

Yup. Those are Keis. They’re the smallest cars that you can buy in Japan. 660cc engines and they have to be less than 11ft long.

They’ve become incredibly popular here in the past few years and there’s even a company in Fruita (near Grand Junction) that imports and sells and modifies brand new ones to farmers.

1 Like

Interesting. Ever seen ones like in the picture?

both islands

Not sure tbh.

my grandpa has one

Old af and the air conditioner broke a long time ago but it never had severe mechanical issues until this year.

1 Like

I’ve seen a couple Sambar vans. Lot of Kei trucks though. My school alone has like 5 or 6 for campus tasks.

1 Like

why are American car stupidly oversized lol