World Flying Community Off-Topic Discussion (Part 19)

I know lol, look at the post you replied to.

Tbh, I might visit Boston and NYC too, just anything in that area.

I wonder if Amtrak really is that bad… :thinking:

Amtrack in NY or for instance NJ transit is super bad the trains are small and packed and stink the LIRR and subway in NYC is ok but expensive

1 Like

I’m never going in the subway lol, and the Amtrak trains in pictures I’ve seen dont look too horrible imo, maybe I’m looking at the wrong ones?

it blows lol

As a train service the East coast thing is better, but it’s not as much of an experience thing like what they run out here.

3 Likes

I think the Amtrak services are too expensive for the service and speed they provide. The seats can be pretty comfortable on the intercity trains in the Northeast but space is limited. NJ Transit can be packed and the seats are arranged poorly in terms of density.

The NYC subway is just a subway. Boston’s subway is not rapid transit. MBTA commuters are alright.

1 Like

That is what i am saying, i rode on the NJ transit back during christmas from Long Island to NJ for JETS V COMMANDERS Game at MetLife stadium. The train was crowded and smelly and very hot and slow, the second train i took across the hudson was empty but it did make lots of noise and very poor and outdated seats. defenotly not worth the almost $70 USD train ride .

1 Like

Which still doesn’t compare with many subway systems in Asia…

1 Like

I might give the NYC to Montreal train a try, not sure if its worth it though, especially if it’s 15 hours long…

Better than the NYC subway though I guess, lol.

1 Like

New AAdvantage tier just dropped

Yo this Valentine’s Day shi is cooking my bank account rn. I didn’t know rose bouquet cost this much

I saw one for like $500 USD

AAL > other US carriers

I’ve never done it before tbh, what’s it like?

mf it hasn’t happened yet idk

And I Oopps

1 Like

I haven’t seen you in years.

2 Likes

It appears someone has emerged from the shadows…

2 Likes

Have you ever flown on a non ER 772?

https://www.planespotters.net/airframe/boeing-777-200-b-hnl-cathay-pacific/edx5m3

1 Like